Saturday, October 27, 2012

Found a love affair with eBay...



Week of Pregnancy: 29/30 
Me with the cutest booties in the world on my tummy!

Fruit to Fetus Comparison: the weight of a cabbage! (Approx 40cm and 1.5kgs!)

Cravings:  Salad & Icecream because it’s darn hot!!

Aversions: Heat. Apparently caramel mud-cake (HORRIFIC HEARTBURN, PEOPLE!)

Husbands’ excitement metre:  Accidentally punching holes in walls and (intentionally) throwing desks off balconies. I wish I was joking. 

Mini-Muffin Kick-Counter:  Rib kicking has become more frequent. Also I can feel her head poke out occasionally. There is a pattern to her kicks now (as far as I can tell) and it starts as soon as I lie down for a rest... haha.

So this week I went ahead and ordered a cot and change table (even though the baby will be in a bassinet for the first few months), some children’s books (Magic Beach, Bibs and Boots, and Happy and Sad by Alison Lester and the Very Hungry Caterpillar puppet book!! Okay, more for me than the child... it’s never too early to read to your child!), a breast pump, a microwave bottle sterilizer, and several bottles. 

Overboard? I like to think ‘prepared’. Also ‘broke’. The Bechaz’s don’t do things by halves. It’s as if Justin and I were like ‘Hey! You know what would be super awesome and easy to do? Let’s buy a house and have a baby at the SAME TIME! Oh, and let’s go on a holiday to Tasmania while we’re at it!’

Yeah. We’re geniuses. 

No regrets about any of it, but it’s certainly left us with a lot less ‘throw around’ cash. I’ve had to buy Migoreng noodles for the first time in a while... but I refuse to purchase one-ply toilet paper. That is inhumane considering how many times a day I have to pee.

So we’re working hard for the money, and seeing it all go on baby items. Also, my lovely friends have decided to plan a baby shower – so my life has been very ‘baby oriented’ this week. 

Also, it’s been super hot. Scorching, even. In the 30’s every day (38 two days ago... WTF?!) and it’s only October! Swimming has become an exciting exercise, although all I do is get a kickboard and waddle (can you waddle while swimming?) from one end of the pool to the other a few times while I’m out-stripped by passing four year olds. At least it is very unlikely I will drown, as I have a built in floatation device. Between the bump and my boobs I could have stopped the Titanic from sinking.

“Oh, the main hull is all ripped up from that iceberg, huh? Well, just bung a few pregnant ladies on it. She’ll be right!”

Attempted water synchronised swimming yesterday. Forward somersault, Backward somersault, Handstand with kicky legs, present!

NAILED IT! Some people possibly thought I was a breaching whale, but otherwise it went fabulously!

Something about being in the water is very relaxing – the weightlessness is fabulous and makes it feel as though you’re not actually exercising! I may in fact continue it after the baby is born! Haha.

Thank you to all those mums (and dads) who replied to my questions from last week! I received so many helpful (and varied!) answers to all! Have learned random things like what to do with the baby so you can have a shower (wait until asleep and take baby monitor with you!), bouncers = either saviours or cradles of doom depending on the baby, and the majority of mums said they couldn’t live without electric breast pumps, baby monitors, and baby slings! (And one Chiropractor – thanks Bronwyn!) So much information – will have to test them all out and see which ones work for us!

Also – this week have been asked to do a pregnancy photo shoot with the Camera Club. Quite excited (and nervous!) but looking forward to it! Justin has opted out, but I plan on coercing him to get some photos done with me before the baby is born, and then the three of us after Muffin is here!

Only NINE WEEKS to go until Miss Mini Muffin arrives! Starting to freak out and am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! Can’t wait to meet her but also LOVE being pregnant!  

Anyway – off to practise my hypno birthing! Currently listening to relaxation music including Enya and Thunderstorm re-enactments. 

LOVE
Rhonie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Mini-Muffin Timer

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers